Legaltech is considered the largest and most important legal technology event of the year.
Join Amy Mushahwar on Thursday, February 1 for her panel: “From Courtroom to Conference Room: Legal Ethics in the Age of Artificial Intelligence”
As Artificial Intelligence continues its sweeping ascent, the implications of delegating to machines decisions that affect humans are myriad. This distinguished panel will consider the ethical implications that arise for practicing lawyers as they, their clients, and courts face the accelerating adoption of AI in this data-driven era. The panel with draw on guidance provided by the ABA Model Rules and will also discuss viewpoints of prominent think tanks, academics and standards-setting bodies.
The panel will address questions such as:
- To what extent should society, with respect to its legal system, delegate to machines decisions that affect humans?
- What are the implications with respect to legal professional conduct and responsibility?
- How can legal practitioners, the civil justice system and society at large trust that AI is effective in the real-world legal applications for which it is intended?
- What ethical frameworks for the use of AI are advanced by leading think tanks and standard-setting bodies and how might this inform behavior and practice in the legal community?
- How can the civil justice system assure transparency and accountability in the use of AI?
MODERATOR: Arthur R. Miller, NYU Professor and renowned Legal Scholar
SPEAKER: Amy Mushahwar, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
SPEAKER: The Hon. Joy Flowers Conti, Chief District Judge, Western District of Pennsylvania
SPEAKER: Nicolas Economou, Chairman and CEO, H5
SPEAKER: Anthony Davis, Esq., Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP and Lecturer-in- Law at the Columbia University School of Law, teaching Professional Responsibility Issues in Business Practice
SPEAKER: Julia Brickell, Executive Managing Director and General Counsel, H5
For more information on Legaltech or the conference, visit: http://www.legalweekshow.com/legaltech/east/